Re: [Swarm Modelling] Hierarchical Swarms ...

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm Modelling] Hierarchical Swarms ...
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:12:29 -0700

Gregory R Madey wrote:

the capability to build hierarchical swarms is described. Can anybody point me
to examples where this has been done, especially with code (Java if available).

Here's one. There are many others that demonstrate various features in the mailing list archives.
http://www.swarm.org/pipermail/support/2001-December/011410.html

I heard Chris Langton (or maybe Roger Burkhart?) describe once how a
agent in Swarm could clone a copy of its external world and use it to
model future actions,

There's no single feature like. They must have meant you could program it by iterating through the objects in a given Swarm's zone and copy them one by one in the `cognitive space' of the modeling agent.