Re: [Swarm Modelling] Hierarchical Swarms ...

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Re: [Swarm Modelling] Hierarchical Swarms ...
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:24:00 +0000

At 12:47 18-02-2003 -0500, you wrote:
All,

Two questions:

1) In Minar, Burkhart, Langton and Askenazi (1996) the capability to build
hierarchical swarms is described. Can anybody point me to examples where
this has been done, especially with code (Java if available). I'm
interested both is simple educational examples and actual research
applications if they are available.

hmmm. Hierarchical in the sense of language code used, but not as expected hierarchy as an emerged behaviour. Anywaya for those interested here is the ref. pointing to the pDF online:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/minar96swarm.html

best, v.

~ v. ramos, http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos, "...When you only have a Hammer, you tend to see every problem as a Nail", Shopenhauer.