[Swarm-Modelling] Re: short reading list

From: Gulyas Laszlo
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Re: short reading list
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:55:47 +0100 (MET)

Hi Alex,

This paper has nothing about ecology, but much about bridging
equation-based and A/IBM models. I hope it will be useful.

On The Transition to Agent-Based Modeling: Implementation Strategies from
Variables to Agents / Laszlo Gulyas
Social Science Computer Review, Volume 20, No. 4, Winter, 2002

Regards,

Gulya

Quoting Alex Lancaster:

I'm looking for papers that compare and constrast ABM/IBM to classical
models (ecological or otherwise) such as Lotka-Volterra predator-prey
dynamics, or otherwise help provide a bridge from classical
equation-based models to ABM/IBM (e.g. setting up an ABM/IBM in a
"special case" mode to reproduce known classical dynamics).

Laszlo Gulyas                           address@hidden
AI Laboratory                           http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/
Computer and Automation Research Inst.  H-1111, Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
Hungarian Academy of Sciences           * 36 30 210-29-66