[Swarm-Modelling] Introductory Swarm workshop at Ecological Society meet

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Introductory Swarm workshop at Ecological Society meeting, August 2004
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:10:26 -0800

Our research group at Humboldt State and SDG have just been approved to conduct a half-day introductory workshop on Swarm, at the 2004 annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America. The workshop will most likely be July 31 or August 1, 2004, in Portland, Oregon.

Purposes of the workshop are to explain the value of using common simulation platforms such as Swarm; illustrate how to design and describe a model using Swarm's conceptual framework; and introduce Swarm software.

At the same meeting we will be sponsoring a half-day special session on individual-based ecological modeling. This will be a unique opportunity to listen to and interact with a number of prominent modelers, including several from Europe.

Please pass the word to anyone who might be interested. Additional information is on our (newly moved and remodeled) web site: www.humboldt.edu/~ecomodel and you can contact me.

Thanks,

Steve Railsback

--