Re: [Swarm-Modelling] newbie question

From: alex dinovitser
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] newbie question
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:30:11 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for pointing out newer projects such as JAS and RePast. This however
complicates my task of finding the most suitable tool for my project.

This project is far less ambitious in terms of modelling complex behaviour,
however, it is very important to be able to create a really good animation on
top of a bitmap image of a transport infrastructure (roads, rail, etc), with
agents animated to move on fixed paths from origin to destination, and
interacting with other, stationary agents on departure and arrival.
Has anyone done this using Swarm, RePast, etc???
Which tool would be *most* suitable for this task??

regards,

Alex.