[Swarm-Modelling] Accessing SwarmObjects from other SwarmObjects

From: Andy Guest
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Accessing SwarmObjects from other SwarmObjects
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:03:54 +0100

Hi,

  I'm new to SWARM and the list so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question or if it's been asked many times before.

I'm setting up a very simple system. Within it I have a Swarm object which has a list of SwarmObjects. What I want to do is have each SwarmObject look around it and see what it can see. Which is the best way to do this ? In similar simulations written in C I'd have each swarmobject iterate through the list of swarmobjects to calculate if the others are visible or not, but I can't work out how to get the list of swarmobjects into a swarmobject. Do I need to make my Swarm globally accessible ? Is this the right approach to making swarmobjects interact or is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks,

Andy Guest