[Swarm-Modelling] beginner

From: hilit
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] beginner
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:29:18 +0200

Hello everyone!!

I am Hilit Finkler, a PhD student in Zoology, from Israel.

I wish to explore stray cat dynamics in my city by using an individual based spatially explicit model.

Problem is, I don't even know how to start!!

I don't have any background in programming.

I was told by a colleague who has done such a model to begin with a flow chart of all the cat behaviours I know, but I feel it is too early for me because I know so much about the cats and so little about "making a model".

Do you have any suggestions for a "green" like me?

Thanks,

Hilit