[Swarm-Modelling] Good reviews with the info the greenhorn needs?

From: Rob Bowers
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Good reviews with the info the greenhorn needs?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:07:36 +0200

I was in about the same spot not so long ago. The new user is not in a good position to review the available toolkits, knowing neither enough of the way they work, nor the jargon, to make full sense of it. Available reviews say something general about ease of use, and how efficient each is. What the new user needs to know, from the beginning, is whether a toolkit will be able to do what they need it to do. Let it be difficult to learn (says I), or computationally inefficient. But after putting so much into learning it, let it have been the right toolkit to have learned.

Could we be directed to some such reviews if they exist?

Rob