Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:39:47 -0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> job and my view of Repast is frankly "been there, done that". What we do
> have are people on the SDG that know computer science and application
> domains.  Of course, one of is not you, Glen.  You'll recall you
> threatened to resign if the SDG voted to pay me to make a maintenance
> release a few years ago.

I didn't _threaten_ to resign.  I _did_ resign because of that.  That
"maintenance release" was a waste of donations; but, that wasn't why I
resigned.  The SDG is a 501c3, which means that donations are tax-free!
 And that means that the taxpayer is, indirectly, subsidizing the SDG.
For the SDG to award a no-bid contract to one of its board members is a
conflict of interest and, in my opinion, unethical.

That's why I resigned from the board.

Now, I'm just a (particularly vocal ;-) member of the community.

American workers spend more of their day working to pay taxes than they
do to feed, clothe, and house their families. -- The Tax Foundation