Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Break Command

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Break Command
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:22:53 -0700

Diego Corredor wrote:
1.  I'm trying to break a loop if a certain condition is met during
this process. To do so I have been using the java command "break"
without result. Is there any special command in javaswarm to break a
loop?
break should work fine, as below:

public class pony {

 public static void main (String args[]) {
  for (int i = 1; i <= 5; i++) {
    System.out.println ("I want a pony! I want a pony!");

    if (i == 3) {
      System.out.println ("ok, http://mingyeeiu.googlepages.com/ponies";);
      break;
    }
  }
 }
}

2. I need to randomize the order of a ListImpl object. I found the
ListShuffleImpl method in the Reference Guide, but I have not found
out how to make it work yet...
Another way to do it is to use a randomizing index, e.g. use "beginPermuted" instead of "begin" for creating and index from a list.