[Swarm-Modelling] Mega-Scale Bio ABM on the GPU

From: Roshan D'Souza
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Mega-Scale Bio ABM on the GPU
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:56:21 -0400

We have implemented Dr. Anthony Hunts In Silico Liver (ISL) Model on the GPU. This ABM has a directed graph, with each node representing a square grid with 3 layers . Mobile agents (molecules) move through the network. On reaching a node, they can move on the grids and diffuse from one layer to another. Our model has 72 nodes. Each node has 3 layers represented by a 256x256 grid. We have been able to simulate over 12,000,000 agents at 10 updates per second. Included is a picture of the simulation with one node highlighted. The square on the right is one of the node's grid with two types of agents swarming over the area.

-Roshan