swarm-swarmfest2004

[SwarmFest2004] news -- keynote = Eric Bonabeau

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: [SwarmFest2004] news -- keynote = Eric Bonabeau
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:38:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

As most of you know from being on the SDG board,
the board has voted to assume the risks for
the fixed costs of the SwarmFest2004 (probably
at most $2-3K, and with luck $0 or in fact we make a profit),
so I (and CSCS) feel comfortable going forward full steam on this.

In that line, Eric Bonabeau has agreed to give the keynote.
I think he will give an entertaining talk, and he will be
interesting to have around, eg, to see how things are going
with his company doing abm modeling.

The cost will be travel, accomod, meals, and a
modest honorarium, $500, so i think its a good deal for us.

I will draft a CFP in the next few days (as soon as i get
done with grading..argh!) and circulate for suggetions.
Then i'll update the web pages with as much info
as possible, and we can begin circulating the CFP.

Please be thinking about how we can best drum up attendance
for SwarmFest2004...where to send the CFP, other things
to do to attract participants, etc.

Thanks,

  - r

--
Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)