swarm-swarmfest2007

Re: [Swarmfest2007] protocol on invited speakers

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2007] protocol on invited speakers
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:04:27 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
Hello,

Should I bother thinking about invited speakers? All I have heard is from the announcement that we'll have some, but before that my suggestions were said to have to wait for 2008 (but without explanation). If someone has preferences or someone in mind, just say so. Or if for some reason you want to see what the volunteer speaker list looks like before hand, let me know that too and I'll know also not to bother but for a different reason.

Hi Marcus,

I think we just haven't dealt with this issue yet...I know my attention was elsewhere last week. But we need to get back at it.

To me it seems like it would be nice to find maybe one more 'featured' speaker, so we have one for each day. I'm hesitant to sign up more until we have an idea how many contributed talks we get. This year we're hoping to get more submittals earlier, so maybe we have some flexibility.

Steve

--
Steve Railsback
Lang, Railsback & Associates