synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:49:49 +0100

Hi,

thanks for this problem report.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:26:33PM +0300, Sviatoslav Sviridov wrote:
> > Please report any bugs/problems with this release to me or the mailing
> > list.
>
> - if open filter editor and then close it using [x] button on the window
> border - filters button and combo remain disabled.

This is fixed in CVS now.

> - I think its better to revert button names for "upgrade" und
> "dist-upgrade". Now upgrade is "Upgrade All", but this is better used
> for dist-upgrade.

Not done yet. I'm scratching my head right now to find two suitable
terms. The problem is, that I would love to have something with "Dist"
in the "Dist upgrade" button, so that users that are familiar with apt
see at the first glance what the buttons do.

But maybe I should just add a little help window that explains the
basic concepts of synaptic and a mini tutorial.

> - there are different strings in code and synaptic.glage. It seems that
> we have different strings in pot for the same action, and therefore it
> is not clean which string will be displayed.

Is this still the case in CVS? I removed some dead code from the days
before I switched to glade. This code might have been the cause for
this.

> - when without --with-pkg-hold: we have 2 horizontal lines below
> "Remove" button

Fixed in CVS.

bye,
 Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Nethack When...