synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.31
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:24:51 +0100

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:33:51AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > But maybe I should just add a little help window that explains the
> > basic concepts of synaptic and a mini tutorial.
>
> IHMO, better the interface is an less help is needed. It seems
> helpfull to keep phrasing compatibility with apt, since the
> distinction "upgrade" and "dist upgrade" seems not so bad.
>
> But I'm not sure at all that these expressions are ok for someone who
> never used apt: and finally, it means that this distinction is
> unclear.
>
> Well, in fact, I'm only re-phrasing in my boring english what you
> previously said.

:) I'll just think about it a bit more.

> Anyway, on the box I use now, I cannot test, configure fails:

The macro AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT is normally found in libglib2.0-dev in
debian. Can you please check if it is installed? BTW, if you are using
a released version, the configure script should detect the missing
package. If you are using autogen.sh (only needed for cvs versions),
you don't get that much help as with a allready generated configure
script.

hope it helps,
 Michael