synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.45pre7

From: Guillaume Pratte
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] 0.45pre7
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:44:37 -0400

Here are some toughts about version pre7.

 - I think I will really enjoy the feature to upgrade or downgrade a specific
version of a package; it can come handy. (For instance, the version of Grip
in unstable completely broke non-English caracters support, but the version
in testing is OK.)

 - In the "Advanced" tab (or "Expert", as Sebastian rightfully proposed), I
would suggest the term "installed version" instead of "now" for a package
that can be upgraded.

 - The dependencies patch seems to be working fine :-)

 - Is there a way to set all packages status to "Keep" in one operation? That
would certainly help testing :-)

Guillaume Pratte