synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend

From: Henrique Pinto
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:33:44 -0300

On Saturday 11 October 2003 22:42, Guillaume Pratte wrote:
> Le 11 Octobre 2003 19:54, Henrique Pinto a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I really miss a KDE frontend for synaptic, since the GTK version won't
> > obbey my settings for having menubars on top of screen. Before I start
> > writing one: is there anyone working on that? Is that wanted?
>
> Personnally I would certainly use a KDE frontend!
>
> But I just hope that this frontend will not add too much burden on the
> developpers, since it would require updating the KDE frontend each time the
> Glade UI is updated...

I have never built synaptic from sources, but I think there is an option to
build it using WINGS instead of GTK. If that is possible, that's also
possible with KDE.

I can mantain the KDE interface myself, so the main developers won't have to
care about it. Right now I'm reading the code, and I don't think it will be
difficult to port it. If there's no objection I'll start the port soon, and
once it is ported I'll take responsibility for updating it according to the
GTK version, if the port is accepted as part of the source tree.

Thank you for your attention.

--
        Henrique Pinto
        address@hidden