synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre7: some bugs

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre7: some bugs
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:35:40 +0300

Hello,

I've tested synaptic-0.45pre7 and rev.330 in svn and noticed, that there still
problem in information tab that I've described some days ago (I was not able
to check it with suggested patch earlier, sorry). we have warning message in
console about "Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()" and no
information about package version, size, etc. Displayed only: package name,
short desc, status, group and priority (there are sometimes some garbage
characters after priority).
Sometimes after first package selection after starting synaptic I've seen all
info (for some packages), but after selecting other packages, and even the
first one again information was lost.

And other annoying thing: in second layout buttons keep/install/delete are
located on the information tab and therefore not available when other tab is
active. in first layout these buttons are always available. I think it would
be good to move/duplicate these buttons on toolbar.

-- Sviatoslav Sviridov <svd at lintec dot minsk dot by>
    /* icq: 10845380; jid: svd at altlinux dot org; */

The absence of labels [in ECL] is probably a good thing.
                -- T. Cheatham