synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre7: some bugs

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic-0.45pre7: some bugs
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:26:14 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:58:27AM +0300, Sviatoslav Sviridov wrote:
> Michael Vogt wrote:
> >I checked in a new version with another additional utf8() call. Can
> >you please check if it works now? It works for me if I set my settings
> >to address@hidden
> >
> >If it does not work for you, please send me your locales settings and
> >I'll see if I can reproduce it here.
> >

> I've tested yesterday evening svn release 336, it didn't work for me at
> all: when selecting any package in list synaptic receives signal 11 and
> crashes.
>
> my locale settings:
>
> $ locale
> LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R

Ok, thanks for this information. I used LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R and it works
for me (on my debian box). I attached a screenshot (I can't read
russian chars, but it looks all right :)

Can you please unset your LANG enviroment and tell me if it still
crashs? And then send a gdb backtrace of the crash.

thanks,
 Michael