synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] where is _error declared?

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] where is _error declared?
Date: 23 Oct 2003 12:50:59 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:29:36AM -0500, david farning wrote:
> I'm working on a port of synaptic to python.
>
> I'm having trouble finding where _error is declared.  It appears to be
> an instance of an error stack defined in in apt-pkg/error.cc.

Error is a feature provided by libapt, it defined at:
/usr/include/apt-pkg/error.h
#define _error _GetErrorObj()
GlobalError *_GetErrorObj();

So, you get a GlobalError Object (also defined in error.h).

This _error stuff is a nice way to pass around error information (and
it's used by the rguserdialog for example).

> Nice work on the .45 version!

Thanks :)

> What is the process and time-line for creating an the RPM package and
> adding it to freshrpms?

Can't comment on this, I'm responsible for the debian side.

> BTW, I got a handfull of responses to my last question--all by mail.  Is
> that standard for this list?

Can't say for usre, but I answer usuall to the list.

bye,
 Michael