synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New SuSE RPMs of 0.53

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New SuSE RPMs of 0.53
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:12:52 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2004, 19:47 +0200 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op donderdag 26 augustus 2004 17:20, schreef Sebastian Heinlein:
> > I fixed the double menu entries and the kdesu stuff.
> >
> > The SPEC is in the root of the source tree.
> >
> > You can get a new RPM here:
> >
> > http://www.pimpzkru.de/renate/synaptic/synaptic-0.53-0.2.suse91.i586.rpm
> >
> > Feel free to test and to provide feedback!
>
> Sebastian,
>
> what's different compared to my version?
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.1-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos/

There is not much difference. Mainly I use the desktop file from
upstream and manipulate the EXEC line with "sed". So the translations
from upstream are used automatically in the menu item. Furthermore I
don't install an additionally desktop file for KDE, since the SuSE menu
already merges the GNOME menu items.

At last I used the more detailed package describtion of the Debian
package.

> I can't access the svn pages:
> https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic
> Can you provide a diff?