synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New SuSE RPMs of 0.53

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New SuSE RPMs of 0.53
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:53:54 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2004, 21:04 +0200 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op donderdag 26 augustus 2004 20:12, schreef Sebastian Heinlein:
> > Furthermore I
> > don't install an additionally desktop file for KDE, since the SuSE menu
> > already merges the GNOME menu items.
>
> Hmmm, but than gnome users het kdesu instead of gksu isn't it?

Evening Richard,

Yes. But how should we prevent the doubled menu entries? You should add
gksu as a dependency otherwise. What is the behavior of yast in a pure
GNOME environment? Does it automatically switch to gksu? If not I think
using kdesu here too would be acceptable. I have always used a KDE setup
on SuSE.

Regards,

Sebastian