Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:58:48 +0200

On 10/07/2015 09:56 AM, address@hidden wrote:

>> A particularly worried merchant might demand that a customer prove they
>> have sufficient funds before beginning some transaction.  A customer
>
> I don't understand what worries the merchant.

Me neither ;-).

> AFAIU the contract is signed, the coin spent and the deposit confirmed
> before any goods or services are given to the customer.
> Isn't taler employing "advance payment" and providing evidence of
> contract to the customer?

Exactly.  The worry here is totally with the customer: he has a signed
contract he paid for, so now he has to worry about the merchant
delivering the goods.  That's acceptable (at least for me), especially
given that the merchant is not anonymous and supposedly operating a
legal business (which the customer could sue, given that he has contact
details and a signed contract).