Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment

From: fabian . kirsch
Subject: Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:39:25 +0200

Hi all,

first i want to thank you for your patience.

like flan or planchet or "coin blank".  I could go for planchet (de:
Rohling, fr: flan de forçage).

I like that one. (and i admit i have to work on my language skills).
So a keypair (cs;Cp) is a "planchet".
A keypair for which a value-giving signature exists is a "coin".
A coin which signed a refresh or deposit-permission is spent.

["High-Level-Description"]
You're also omitting that the customer commits [..]
You're right. That was a slip mistake (it was not intended).

Well, that's this high-level description which for the paper is too
abstract. [..] fine for a high-level description like for the webpage, but not a suitable
level of abstraction for the paper. For the paper, I want it to be very
concrete.

There is some (let me call it) mid-level description missing IMHO.
When i tried to learn about taler i crawled your page,
i watched some of your talks' videos, and i read your draft.
Finally after digesting the draft i finally found the missing details.
But in order to arrive at an understanding of taler that would
make me trust it in future, i had to bridge a gap in the available description.

I don't want to drop the details of the concrete implementation.
What i'm trying here, is explaining that perceived gap, and to narrow it.

Eh, I'm confused. [..]

That's not your fault. I'll try again.
Thanks to you describing detailed where i am confusing.
That helps me to prepare a better presentation of that "description gap" i perceived. As the next two weeks will be busy at my work, you can recover until i'm back ;) .

greetings
  Fabian