Re: [Taler] GNU Taler was suggested to Brazil's Central Bank

From: Georges OIKONOMIDIS
Subject: Re: [Taler] GNU Taler was suggested to Brazil's Central Bank
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 22:35:51 +0300

Hello all.
I' d say that an effort towards central banks is more than necessary.
I am just not at all optimistic about any respond of the central bank of Brasil to ever come.
I 'd say that you should address any one of European Central banks of a country non-eurozone member might it be Denmark, Norway etc. Of course hopefully ECB would consider Taler implementation, but Eurozone's bureaucracy makes me rather hopeless.
Wish the best.

Στις Κυρ, 19 Απρ 2020, 22:08 ο χρήστης Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> έγραψε:
Sounds great, I hope they answer you! I'm working on a paper about how
one could use Taler for a Centrally Banked Digital Currency (CBDC), once
that is finished, that reference might help in discussions with Central
Banks. (We're also changing a bit the 'tipping' protocol implementation
in the merchant (!) right now to make the Taler architecture already
support the envisioned CDBC-scenario.)

Happy hacking!

Christian