Re: [Taler] (docs) taler-in-a-nutshell.txt

From: Jacob Bachmeyer
Subject: Re: [Taler] (docs) taler-in-a-nutshell.txt
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:38:47 -0600

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
() Sebastian Javier Marchano <sebasjm@gmail.com>
() Fri, 12 Feb 2021 00:30:14 -0300

Thanks for the feedback.

   [...] from another newbie I can say that I find this overview
   really interesting. What I think it may confuse is in step 5
   where it says "These coins are not anonymous", since coins do
   not change its condition but is the merchant who reveals its
   identity in the operation.

Good point.  I have changed step 5 to read "These coins are
still anonymous, although the transaction itself is not
anonymous."  WDYT?

If my (still limited) understanding of Taler is correct, perhaps a better way to describe this would be: "The exchange at this step knows the identity of the merchant, but not of the customer. Taler uses cryptography to enable the exchange to validate that the coins are unique and were issued by the exchange, but not to determine to whom the coins were originally issued."

-- Jacob