Re: [Taler] docs: added more info about how date is parsed in request pa

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] docs: added more info about how date is parsed in request params
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 16:36:20 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

Good point. GNUNET_STRINGS_fancy_time_to_absolute accepts locale- and timezone-dependent strings. This would be okay for a user interface, but is unacceptable for an internet protocol.

We should either
(a) Transmit "date" as a numeric timestamp in milliseconds
(b) Parse the date string in a locale-independent manner, ideally using RFC3339.

- Florian