[Taler] GNU Taler v0.9 released

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [Taler] GNU Taler v0.9 released
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 21:07:20 +0100

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the v0.9 release of GNU Taler.

We have addressed over 200 individual issues.
Major changes in v0.9 include:

- NEW: Support for peer-to-peer payments
- NEW: Support for age-restricted payments
- Improved accessibility of the demonstration
- Improved exchange database schema for performance and scalability
- libeufin sandbox replaces legacy Python bank
- WebExtension now supports Manifest V3
- Various minor bugfixes and documentation improvements
  (https://bugs.gnunet.org/changelog_page.php?version_id=295)

Many of the major new features were developed under an NGI POINTER grant funded by the European Commissions great Next Generation Internet initiative under grant agreement number 871528. Performance measurements and improvements were funded by an NGI Fed4Fire+ grant.

You can download GNU Taler from:
* All GNU FTP mirrors             ftp://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gnu/taler/
* Our Git repository is at                    https://git.taler.net/

Please report bugs to our bugtracker at      https://bugs.taler.net/

An introduction can be found at                http://www.taler.net/
Additional documentation  is at              https://docs.taler.net/