Re: [Taler] Is it possible to use Taler with Palai?

From: marc
Subject: Re: [Taler] Is it possible to use Taler with Palai?
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 20:20:56 +0100

> On 06.01.2023, at 20:06, Tyler Zahnke <programmer651@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The more I research Taler, the more I see this as an acceptable
> question, as Taler is a payment system, not a currency. In some ways,
> despite not being a GNU project, I guess because it's a not-for-profit
> project, I see Palai as being reminiscent of Taler except Taler is not
> a currency, Palai is.

Taler is an alternative to cash, cheques, credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay
etc.pp.
It can represent any currency you can think of.

> So would it be possible to make an exchange where people
> can use the Taler browser extension to make a Palai payment?

Yes, but you would need to adapt the code to your needs.

> I actually learned about GNU Taler from a post that was
> hating on it, and they also hated on Palai, but I liked Palai, so I
> thought I would like Taler, and I do. So, can Taler be used alongside
> Palai?
> https://palai.org

Yes. However, you would still need a Palai “bank” with accounts for all users,
where the daily income is distributed.
Users could then withdraw Palai from their “bank” account to their Taler
wallet, receive Taler Coins representing Palai, and can spend them anonymously
at merchants who accept them.

> Tyler Zahnke

Marc