Re: [Taler] important reason for Gnu Taler

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] important reason for Gnu Taler
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 17:13:29 +0100

On 1/7/23 14:58, Jürgen Beger wrote:
Today I read this article in the Newspaper Berliner Zeitung.
It is important for solutions like GNU Taler.

Yes, we've pointed to this exact reason in the past, basically saying that GNU Taler is good for individual informational self-determination, but also for national sovereignty. We even told the ECB that. Hence they awareded their contract for the Digital Euro to Amazon, because they really understood that. </irony>.

Anyway, do feel free to contact the author of the nice article and let them know about GNU Taler!

When we will able to use GNU Taler?

If you are Swiss, I expect this year.

Would it be possible to speak with a bank like GLS and start such a project? Could also be, that I naive.

We are speaking to a bank like GLS and are submitting a joint EU proposal to deploy Taler in Europe. Just needs to get funded, and your wish shall come true.

Happy hacking!

Christian