Re: [Taler] important reason for Gnu Taler

From: Thomas
Subject: Re: [Taler] important reason for Gnu Taler
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:40:38 +0100

Thanks for article, topic from Newspaper Berliner Zeitung.

I'm customer of GLS but doubt they have enough "manpower" (willing?) to understand.
GLS is very good using gender-sensitive language... but not in understand sense of data privacy...

Example: German internet payment System "giropay".
GLS don't understand, that data privacy of giropay is unacceptable, at least since merger with paydirect. Or already before, the mess with all the different giropay "login methods"?
https://noyb.eu/en/giropay-knows-what-you-bought-last-summer

GLS even says you need to register to use giropay, which is more privacy issue and not true!
There is no need to register to use giropay!
img1

img2

What I want to say.
People with understanding about sense of privacy - and all the problems e.g. TALER wants/would solve - became very rare! And technology (privacy issues) became for usual people a Babylonian confusion. Only solution for majority of people, is to ignore privacy issues.
People just using all "smart stuff"... from Big Tech or when it comes to CBDC.

I hope TALER will become at least an alternative for a minority. But how? I'm very curious which bank TALER is speaking. :)
Maybe gold bullion (Tafelbarren), which you can split into 1g pieces, will become more popular in future?
img3

All the best for TALER!
Thomas