Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few question

From: Peter Finderup Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few question
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:19:34 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Kieron Dunbar wrote:

> Is there a way to test the version of TCC being used? There are a few things
> on

Not yet.  vlindos and I have been kicking a patch back and forth that adds
a -v switch for that.  For now, just assume 0.9.16.

But that's not your real question anyhow.

> the TODO list I am interested in, and I'd like to be able to tell whether TCC
> requires a work-around for them or not when they are implemented.
>
> TCC doesn't seem to handle typedef correctly. If I put something like
> "typedef struct r r; struct r { int r; };", it complains when it reaches the
> second r. "typedef struct r {int r; } r;" works fine, but isn't generally
> suitable.
>
> I tried compiling a program with -b, but it gives a seg fault as soon as I try
> to run it. Is there a way I can find out what is causing the problem?

gdb.

Run the version of tcc with debugging symbols under gdb, wait until it
crashes and type bt (for backtrace).  Send that to the list.

-Peter