[Tinycc-devel] Feature Request

From: Edouard Poor
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Feature Request
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:24:39 +1200

Gidday!

First off the obligatory thank-you - tcc is an amazing piece of work,
and provides a tool that I've wanted for a very long time.

Secondly - I was wondering if it was possible to request a feature in
tcc? Currently I'm playing around with including dynamic runtime
compilation into a web site I'm doing as a personal project, where I
load the handlers (as C files) for different types of output (e.g.
text/x-wiki) from a database, then execute them passing in the database
handle and the page data to display. It all works pretty well, but the
one thing I'd love to be able to do is to override the include file code
so I can give it another buffer rather than tcc going to the filesystem.

E.g. if my database contains "handle-wiki.c" (the code I load to handle
outputting wiki pages) that then in turn has a '#include "utility.h"'
statement, I'd like to be able to be called and supply "utility.h" from
the my database as well.

I guess some sort of "register_file_handler" function that I can pass a
function pointer into, so I get called whenever "tcc_open()" does. I can
then pass back a string to tcc for the include file. Or some error code
saying I don't have that file?

What do you think?

Cheers,
Edouard.