[Tinycc-devel] lots of warnings when compiling tcc with gcc 3.3 and my

From: Tolga Dalman
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] lots of warnings when compiling tcc with gcc 3.3 and my "personal" cflags
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:55:51 +0200

hi folks,

i just compiled tcc with gcc 3.3 successfully, but modified the Makefile aswell,
such that my CFLAGS are:

CFLAGS        = -march=athlon-xp -pipe -msse -mmmx -m3dnow -O2 \
                -foptimize-sibling-calls -fforce-addr -freduce-all-givs \
                -maccumulate-outgoing-args -mno-align-stringops \
                -mfpmath=sse -funroll-loops -fgcse-lm -fgcse-sm\
                -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align\
                -Waggregate-return -Wnested-externs -Winline \
                -Dinline=__inline__\ __attribute__\(\(always_inline\)\) \
                --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072\
                -fnew-ra

this might look overkill, but please note all the "-W*" flags. i personally use
them for my own projects, and all compile fine without warnings.

i've attached the output, and if you asked me, these warnings are ugly, and
_should_ be removed soon. unfortunately, i don't have much time this week.

a "make test" also failed, because of "multi-line string literals", which are
deprecated in gcc3 (code like this:

"pri\^M
ntf("aaa=%d\n", 3);"

won't compile).

currently, i'm not yet subscribed to the list, so please cc to me all messages.

thanks,
Tolga Dalman.