Re: [Tinycc-devel] ASM Output?

From: Greg Haerr
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ASM Output?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:03:13 -0700

: Why gcc's I/O is so crappy when tcc's is not, I have no idea.  Since
: they're both linked against glibc I assume they're both using the same
: _IO_getc and _IO_putc functions, and the main function doesn't need
: to do much more than just call those and test the return values.

gcc doesn't emit any I/O instructions, to my knowledge.  We
should compare objdump output of main.o for both cases.  The
issue with the putc function may be related to GCC-specific
defines in stdio.h et all, heavens knows there's zillions of them...
the glibc headers try to take advantage of many inline optimizations
and gcc special cases.

Regards,

Greg