Re: [Tinycc-devel] Generated code optimization?

From: Zoltán Lörincz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Generated code optimization?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:30:49 +0200

Hello Anton,
thank you very much for your help.

I looked into the home page of VMGen.
Is it possible to generate only the interpreter without rewriting the
code generator ? Can you tell me how big would be (around) the
generated interpreter if i have a register based machine with 300-400
opcodes?
My problem is that the interpreter has to be as small as possible. I
think if VMGen generates the interpreter based on advanced techniques
it means that it will generate bigger code.
The interpreter will run on an embedded processor (MK68). This
processor is slow and the system has small memory which has to be
managed efficiently.
This is the reason why i am asking all that stuff.

Best regards,
Zoltan.