Re: [Tinycc-devel] linux-2.4.26-tcc.patch ?

From: lycee . h
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] linux-2.4.26-tcc.patch ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:40:58 +0200

> address@hidden wrote:
> > i recently found tcc compiler and i want to use it for my kernel
> compilation. i
> > have many kernel recompilations to do because i must develop a driver for a
> > peripheral. is it possible to get your linux-2.4.26-tcc.patch ?
>
> You are aware of the fact that modules can be built standalone and don't
> require kernel recompilations or the kernel sources even?
>
> Felix

yes i know that modules can be build standalone but my modifications are only in
the init/ directory. modules don't come in this directory. it modifies only
vmlinuz, that's why i must recompile my kernel. as i want to put hardware hexa
values into kernel in order to avoid firmware detection, i must put each value
one by one :( gcc is too slow but tcc is very fast even on a small machine : my
test computer is an amd k6-2 450MHz with only 128mb of sdram and i don't want to
upgrade this test computer because i want to optimize my kernel as possible. If
i try with my current computer, it won't have the same effect because it's an
adm64 2800+ overclocked to 2,2GHz with 256mb of ddr.

the patch i search no longer exists ?
thanks.