[Tinycc-devel] Multiple states in parallel - current plans?

From: Jens Thiele
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Multiple states in parallel - current plans?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:36:04 +0200

Hi,

I am experimenting with the fine tinycc. I wanted to use a subset of C
as "foreign function interface language" but did not find any suitable C
library implementing such a subset and since tcc is tiny, I decided to
just use C ;-).
=> I use libtcc to compile glue code at runtime. I think I will need
multiple compilation states in parallel which does not work with libtcc
at the moment. Looking into the source:

        /* XXX: get rid of this ASAP */
        static struct TCCState *tcc_state;

Taking a look at the ML archives:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2003-05/msg00003.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-06/msg00024.html

Now my question(s):
Is there some work going on into this direction? Any modified tcc
versions out there? Are there plans to "fix" this?
I would like to help.

Greetings
Jens

Thx for tcc.