Re: [Tinycc-devel] Multiple states in parallel - current plans?

From: Nick Kelsey
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Multiple states in parallel - current plans?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:08:33 -0700

A co-worker of mine added support for multiple contexts but we have not submitted it yet. We also added support for compiling under Cygwin and Borland CBuilder.

Right now we are flat out working on an unrelated release but the plan is to be working with TCC again mid-November or early December.

Nick

Jens Thiele wrote:

I am experimenting with the fine tinycc. I wanted to use a subset of C
as "foreign function interface language" but did not find any suitable C
library implementing such a subset and since tcc is tiny, I decided to
just use C ;-).
=> I use libtcc to compile glue code at runtime. I think I will need
multiple compilation states in parallel which does not work with libtcc
at the moment. Looking into the source:

        /* XXX: get rid of this ASAP */
        static struct TCCState *tcc_state;

Taking a look at the ML archives:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2003-05/msg00003.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-06/msg00024.html

Now my question(s):
Is there some work going on into this direction? Any modified tcc
versions out there? Are there plans to "fix" this?
I would like to help.

Greetings
Jens

Thx for tcc.