Re: [Tinycc-devel] How Install TCC on Ubuntu Linux

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How Install TCC on Ubuntu Linux
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:15:04 -0400

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 02:42:14PM +0530, Sumesh KS wrote:
> But i have n't any internet connection. but i download tcc from it's site. i
> read the install help file in that file and i type the commands . But it
> give an error message like "No Compiler found". I downloades the source
> version so that package it show i want a C compiler like GCC.

Yes if you have the sourcecode for tcc, you will need another compiler
such as gcc in order to install tcc.

> How i Get C compiler for Ubuntu

If you cannot get an Internet connection for the machine, you'll have
to download the .deb files manually for the packages you want.  I
think some Ubuntu package files can be found here:

  http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/

Sorry, I do not know the correct procedure for downloading them and
installing them offline.

                                                  -Dave Dodge