Re: [Tinycc-devel] TODOs

From: Bernhard Fischer
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TODOs
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 21:43:14 +0200

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:23:50PM +0000, Mike B wrote:
>hi all,
>
>Is there a road map, or a todo list for this project? I was wondering how
>much work there is to do to make this into a GCC drop in replacement?

There is in fact a TODO. See
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/tinycc/TODO?rev=1.24&root=tinycc

Apart from bugs, one of the most important feature that is not yet
implemented (AFAICT) is
- C99: add variable size arrays (gcc 3.2 testsuite issue)

Nowadays, an increasing amount of applications peruse variable sized
arrays, and thus cannot be built with tcc, currently.

Another thing that could use a cleanup to save space is the library
intr{er,a}face. I once started cleaning it up and saved about 10% of
tcc's size.

Anyway. The TODO should give you plenty of opportunity to improve
tinycc.