Re: [Tinycc-devel] New maintainer

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] New maintainer
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:33:29 +0200

Rob Landley wrote:
On Friday 08 September 2006 4:06 am, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

Hi,

Anyone interested in maintaining tcc can write to me. Then I can give him CVS write access.

Interest yes, time no. (I'm already BusyBox maintainer and that one project is more than I have time for.)

I want to point Garrett at this (the uClibc++ maintainer, that's a small enough project it doesn't take up all his time, and he's previously expressed interest in poking at tcc) but he's out of town for the weekend.

Will there be any kind of transition/handoff? (Will you have time to answer the new maintainer's questions? Perhaps you a lieutenant, somebody to merge patches and answer questions on the list, who can grow into the position of maintainer in a few months? That's how I wound up with BusyBox. Whoever the new guy is won't have all the answers immediately...)

I can answer mails. Giving the CVS write access to a few other people is a good step to find new maintainers.

What is the current state of CVS relative to the last release? Browsing cvs web interface the last commit I see was 6 months ago, but the last release was a year ago...

There were two little patches since the last release.

Regards,

Fabrice.