Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just rese

From: bj
Subject: Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just resending to the group)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:34:43 +0800

okay, this is how i understand it
1. make .c code and .rc code
2. add  int dummy __attribute__ ((section(".rsrc"))); to c code
3. compile .rc code to .res code
4. compile c code
5. compile .res file to .exe file using your program

ok, absolutely!!please email your program to me. in fact email it to all of us so everyone can use it.
oh yeah, thanks so much.
and please reply to this email with the
1. program you wrote ,
2. source code if possible,
3. your full credits and
4. license to it
so i can add it to my list of licenses on my thesis. thanks again.

oh yeah, to all. does anyone know how to link your code with .a files, .lib files and .h files like mmsystem.h and winmm.lib or libwinmm.a? i linked my code to libwinmm.a and mmsystem.h but it still can't find PlaySoundA (it says tcc: undefined symbol 'PlaySoundA'), can anyone help me here? like some source code for it? thanks in advance. On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:56:06 +0800, Mike Henning <address@hidden> wrote:

--- bj <address@hidden> wrote:

So tcc can't really compile to executables windows
resources like
windres.exe in MinGW? If no, i'll guess i'll stick
to MinGW. Visual Studio
2005 is way too big and has no commandline version,
I think. Anyway,
thanks for the reply.

I have successfully used resources in Tcc by adding a
line to the source code such as:
int dummy __attribute__ ((section(".rsrc")));

Then I use a use a small program I wrote that adds a
resource file (.res) to the compiled exe. I can email
it to you if you like ?

You can compile the original .rc script files with the
freely available rc.exe from Microsoft.

Mike H.

   Another question  though is can tcc write raw
bytes to a file like sound
bytes , you know the characters you see when you
open a sound file in
notepad? If yes, can anyone here tell me how?

Maybe i'll just put the sound bytes in a string or
struct data structure
then compile the C code, and then the executable
obtained will write those
sound bytes to a temporary file at the temp
directory and play that sound
file.

thanks for the reply.
Oh yeah sorry for this weird questions. i am trying
to save space and
shrink my compiler for the needs of my thesis.
I have shrunk MinGW to 11 megabytes from 36 mb by
including only the last
accessed files after a compilation of the C code,
but if tcc can do the
same compilation then i'll replace MinGW with tcc.
If not i'll stick again
to MinGW.

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:54:38 +0800,
<address@hidden> wrote:

> tcc is the wrong tool for what you're trying to
do.  Something like

10/02/2006 09:53 AM -----

address@hidden
>              tinycc-devel-boun

> cc
>              ces+erik_l_nelson
>              =countrywide.com@

> Subject
>              nongnu.org
[Tinycc-devel] windows resources,
>                                        playsound,
xp theme
>             09/30/2006 03:30
>              PM
>             Please respond to
>              address@hidden
>                   nu.org
>

> hey, i am a newbie here
>   and i am wondering if any of you knows how to do
these things and if
> you
>
> do please tell me how to do it, please, it's for
my college thesis:
> 1. how to compile windows resources with tcc.exe
(Tiny C Compiler for
> windows)
> 2. how to use PlaySound functionality to play
sounds which are compiled
> as
>
> resources in the executable which is made by
compiling my source code,
> resource file with tcc.exe
> 3. how do you use the xp theme in executables made
with tcc without
> creating the manifest file along with the
executable.
>   i.e. the executable generates the manifest file
for itself before it
> show
>
> any windows so that if it shows any windows ,
those windows will be using
> the xp theme.
> it works with MinGW but it's 36 times bigger,
>   i only making a minimum exe- a window with an
edit control for a
> sentence
>
> written in its own font resource and a play button
that plays the sound
> of
>
> the sentence as a resource in the executable
itself

http://www.opera.com/mail/

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained
in and transmitted
> with this communication is strictly confidential,
is intended only for
> the use of the intended recipient, and is the
property of Countrywide
> Financial Corporation or its affiliates and
subsidiaries.  If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use of the
> information contained in or transmitted with the
communication or
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is
> strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received
this communication in
> error, please immediately return this
communication to the sender and
> delete the original message and any copy of it in
your possession.

http://www.opera.com/mail/