Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just rese

From: Mike Henning
Subject: Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources, playsound, xp theme (just resending to the group)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:29:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- bj <address@hidden> wrote:

> okay, this is how i understand it
> 1. make .c code and .rc code
> 2. add  int dummy __attribute__
> ((section(".rsrc"))); to c code
> 3. compile .rc code to .res code
> 4. compile c code
> 5. compile .res file to .exe file using your program

This looks correct.

> ok, absolutely!!please email your program to me. in
> fact email it to all
> of us so everyone can use it.
> oh yeah, thanks so much.
> and please reply to this email with the
> 1. program you wrote ,
> 2. source code if possible,
> 3. your full credits and
> 4. license to it
> so i can add it to my list of licenses on my thesis.
> thanks again.
>
> oh yeah, to all. does anyone know how to link your
> code with .a files,
> .lib files and .h files like mmsystem.h and
> winmm.lib or libwinmm.a? i
> linked my code to libwinmm.a and mmsystem.h but it
> still can't find
> PlaySoundA (it says tcc: undefined symbol
> 'PlaySoundA'), can anyone help
> me here? like some source code for it? thanks in
> advance.

Use: Tiny_impdef winmm
This will create a winmm.def file that should be
placed in your Lib path. You can then link by adding
the usual -lwinmm

I've attached the file along with the source code.
It's nothing fancy but it works. The only limitation
is that it does not currently support unicode ids
which is not very common anyway. If there is a need
for this I can add support.

Hope this helps,
Mike H.