Re: [Tinycc-devel] my thesis is GPL

From: Fred Weigel
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] my thesis is GPL
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:25:54 -0500

bj

I am not sure WHAT you are talking about. The GPL covers source code,
the source for the resources. It does NOT cover Windows XP, which is
what you are using to actually read and utilize your resources.

If you want "top to bottom" GPL, you would have to use WINE under LINUX
(as an example).

You could even (for example), use the Microsoft MSVC compiler (I use
MSVC 7) -- it is available as a free download from Microsoft. It can be
used to compile "GPL code". The tool chain really doesn't have much to
do with it.

In any case, TCC is a small fast compiler. That it happens to be "GPL"d
doesn't say anything about what you do with it -- you can use TCC to
compile commercial or restricted code as well.

And I don't really understand your problem -- are you running the rc
file through a preprocessor? Do you get any warning or error? Any
warnings on the window creation? And, what does this have to do with
TCC?

Fred Weigel