Re: [Tinycc-devel] ppc target for tcc, alternatives

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ppc target for tcc, alternatives
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:55:43 +0100

Le Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 02:09:37PM +0100, Leonard Ritter écrivait/wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
> i'm using tcc to provide on-the-fly compilation of dsp code for an
> integrated music sequencing library that i'm writing
> ( http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/zzub/ ). songs saved contain c code
> which is compiled without any connection to libc or local platform
> headers, and which is supposed to be translated on the fly and loaded
> before the song is being played.
>
> i noticed that tcc does not support ppc as compile target. is such a
> feature planned?
>
> if no, it is possible that i will have to resort to a different
> compiler. requirements are that it is small/tiny (especially in source
> code volume), easy to integrate into my own codebase, provides a library
> interface and is able to compile code without any additional libc
> headers and libraries required.

If you want to generate quickly binary code on 32bits PowerPC, you might
consider GNU lightning. (which generate quickly naive machine code without
optimisations, but don't work on 64bits PowerPC)

 If you want to generate PowerPC code which is optimised, you might consider
LLVM (which probably have JIT ability on PowerPC)

You might also have a look into libjit and Parrotcode

http://www.gnu.org/software/lightning/lightning.html
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/lightning/

http://llvm.org/

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/libjit.html