Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc stringize patch

From: Harald van Dijk
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc stringize patch
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:39:56 +0200

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 07:48:04PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 5:05 pm, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> > On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:33:13AM +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here's a patch to handle spacing during stringizing
> >
> > and here's a patch to be applied on top of it. It fixes stringizing in
> > cases involving macro or macro argument substitutions where the
> > replacement is empty. If this happens, whitespace before and after the
> > replacement needs to be combined. An example:
>
> I applied the previous patch (minus the hunk that failed).  I'm not convinced
> the dropped hunk isn't doing _anything_ useful, could you confirm?

Yes, it really didn't do anything important. It merely made sure
print_defines continued to work, but since print_defines is gone,
there's no longer a need for that. And nothing else in the patch relied
on print_defines anyway.

> Also, this patch had another failing hunk.  Could you please send me a
> version
> against the current repository?

That hunk was also for print_defines. :-)

Here's an updated patch. It combines the previous two patches, minus the
modifications to print_defines, and minus the modification to the
Makefile, and changes the new tcc_preprocess function to update
next_tok_flags instead of tok_flags.