Re: [Tinycc-devel] What's the newest release of TCC? is it still in 0.9.

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] What's the newest release of TCC? is it still in 0.9.23 released since 2004?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:42:31 -0400 (EDT)

Rob Landley:
> The most recent reemergence of this concept was:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-05/msg00139.html
>
> And I've barely touched my tree since then.  (It usually takes me at least
> three months to regain interest when this happens, and this time I'm busy
> enough with other things it may take much longer.)

Hmm, my intent was to let you keep going while using Hg - so you wouldn't need
to use CVS - while letting people who pull from CVS to keep pulling doing so.
All I intend to do is pull changesets from your Hg tree into CVS, as you make
changes to your Hg branch.... NOT to _maintain_ the stuff in CVS. That way,
people who currently pull from CVS can keep doing so, and the CVS can can act
as the "backup" in case your server goes down/away (that happened a few months
ago).  I've been sending patches to you, and telling others to do the same.  So
just keep modifying tcc using Hg, as you want to; you have a more active tree.
The whole point was to let you keep making modifications as you see fit!

I got pulled off on some other work, which is why I haven't pulled Changesets
into CVS yet.  But I still intend copy your tree into CVS (with history of
changes, modulo CVS limits).  But the point was so that you can keep making
changes using Hg, without needing to touch CVS.

--- David A. Wheeler