Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC version 0.9.24 is out

From: Bernhard Fischer
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC version 0.9.24 is out
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:09:51 +0200

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 07:50:36PM +0200, grischka wrote:

>Future plans? Well, what about splitting the sources into parts
>and making them compile from distinct object files, now? WDYT?

Sounds like a good thing to me (not a volunteer, atm).
I would start with splitting the LIB into a separate source-file (or
several) and in this process cleanup the intraface by creating an
internal header.

Let me see.. yes:
http://uclibc.org/~aldot/tcc/tinycc.cow-20060129-1710.diff

This patchlet was a start at cleaning up the intraface, making unneeded
stuff static and stuff like that. I'm very sorry but i did not keep
broken-out patches, but perhaps skimming over it makes obvious what i'm
talking about. IIRC this shrank tcc to below 95k (from something like
107k) and it wasn't even complete.

Just a thought..
Cheers! :)