Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC version 0.9.24 is out

From: Hanzac Chen
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC version 0.9.24 is out
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:50:30 +0800

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:50 AM, grischka wrote:
Latest new features are compilation from standard input and
multiple verbosity levels (tcc -v, -vv, -vvv).

Get it from here:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

Or here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/tinycc

Future plans? Well, what about splitting the sources into parts
and making them compile from distinct object files, now? WDYT?

--- grischka

I don't think it's the first priority. I think re-arranging the global and static variables and loosing the relationship between functions are needed. But no matter how, the execution speed should always be cared about because it's the advantage.

The embedded C API and direct running ability could be improved.

The code generation could be improved to provide optimized code (better FPU, support MMX/SSE/3DNOW because there're lots of C programs are for performance-awared applications, like audio/video codecs, games).